Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to Fuck Up Your Job Interview...O_O


So yeah, today I went to this meeting/job interview. (I was told it was just a meeting, then it turned out to be a job interview/ recruitment in a couple of minutes) Well, to clear it up, I got a text message from my former hmmm.. boss... and told me that they have this new thing going on with their company and was wondering if I was interested. I've actually heard about it, basically it was about online tutoring... which I've done before... but the only difference now is that it's with Italians. That did peak my interest, dunno why... (maybe I like Italians? i dunno -___-) So I went to the meeting/job interview/recruitment, and so far everything was going well until we got to this part of the conversation:

Boss: So, basically that's it. If we were to start training you, would you be available?

Me: Uhmmm... when would the training begin?

Boss: Tomorrow at 9am. Would you be able to start tomorrow?

Me: Hmmm... Actually I still have to discuss this with my parents, because me and my mum are currently setting up this business so... *awkward smile* ... Is it possible for me to just go for the next training available?... *fiddling with fingers*...  I mean... I am really interested, but I also wanna think about it first, and if the training is tomorrow, that really doesn't give me much time to think about it... 

(side note: yes, I still "discuss" this sort of stuff with my parents... even though I'm 23, because I still live with them -____- I sound like such a loser, but that would be another story... XD )

Boss: O_O * disapproving face*

Thinking to myself that I CANNOT believe I just blurted that out loud (stuff like that should remain inside your head) I tried to save myself from that awkward situation... but to no avail.

Me: ... I mean... I don't mean to offend you, I hope you're not offended. -____- ( Obviously too late for that... )

So after that, he was basically telling me that he wasn't offended, but he WAS concerned because it seems like there are a lot of issues with me, that might affect with the way I work for them in the future. In other words, you just fucked with your chances right there. 

Uuuugggh *facepalm* *headdesk*...>.< So there you have it, If you want to ruin your chances of getting a bit more cash, these are the things you might want to say to your employer... -____-

--> and oh, that's not the EXACT conversation we had, but it's the best interpretation that I could make out of that experience.

5 comments:

  1. I hate when people ask you if you want to start tomorrow! From job interviews to friendly lunch invites. I'm too indecisive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young I used to mess up job interviews on purpose, because I didn't really want to work. On the few occasions, when I was unfortunate enough to get hired, I never lasted more than 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I messed up my last job interview only because I haven't had one in so long a time. Gotta practice, you never know when an opportunity will knock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been doing an interviewing lately. I have been asked ridiculous and illegal questions. The big thing is that it is hard to feign interest when you have very little interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mary~ it's just so hard to satisfy me... O_O

    @NP~ you are living the dream NP... living the dream....

    @zobop~ yeah i should just drop off my CV everywhere and practice...

    @Charlotte~ true true... I was sorta kinda interested? I'm more interested with the cash... XD

    ReplyDelete

I'm a psychotic chick, and sarcasm is my forte. If you find yourself taking some of my statements a little too seriously, you might want to rethink leaving a comment. Don't like what you read? LEAVE! and don't ever come back! nobody asked you to come here. However if you came here for teh funnies, by all means, let me know how funny I am. I hunger for attention. O_O Love me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...